“The address list could not be displayed” error message when you use your Contacts to address a new message in Outlook
Where’d my bloody addresses go??????
M$ error message
The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help.
To resolve this issue, remove and reinstall the Outlook Address Book. To do this:
- Start Outlook.
- On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
- Click View or change existing directories or address books, and then click Next.
- Click Outlook Address Book, and then click Remove.
- Click Yes when you receive the prompt to confirm the removal.
- Click Add.
- Click Additional Address Books, and then click Next.
- Click Outlook Address Book, and then click Next.
- Click OK when you receive the message to restart Outlook.
- Click Finish.
- Click Exit on the File menu to quit Outlook.
- Restart Outlook.
- In the Folder list, right-click the folder that you want to use with the Address Book
(for example, right-click Contacts), and then click Properties.
- Click the Outlook Address Book tab.
- Click to select the Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book check box (if it is not already selected), and then click OK.
Let me know if this helped you out.
Auto complete issue?
Check out the NK2 file – http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html and http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011394511033.aspx